Hey hey!!! We are MORE than halfway thru the week- WOOHOO! Tomorrow is Thursday & I love Thursdays. 😀
Breakfast- a good ol’ Green Monster!!
I did not need a morning snack, that Green Monster filled me RIGHT up! Love that. I hate that 10:30am hungry feeling- I get so distracted.
At work today I was learning a lot about annuities, IRAs, 401Ks, etc. Learning all about the good, the bad, and the ok in the financial world. I actually really like it- very interesting & beneficial to not only my career, but for myself.
Lunch: 1 apple, 1 blueberry chobani greek yogurt, 1 cinnamon raisin alternative bagel, 2 small pieces hearty oat loat with 2 teaspoons with peanut butter, & animal crackers for my afternoon snack. My lunch is so snacky…I kind of spread it out over the lunch time period..and just eat here & there.
I need to add some more protein into my lunch. It’s too carbohydrate heavy- needing some more filling protein. I’ll have to think on it. Maybe I’ll be going back to some type of wrap.
What’s your typical lunch? Is it enough protein? or is it similar to mine- lots of carbs? Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my carbs & am not at all saying that I shouldn’t eat them, I just want to stay fuller longer 🙂
When I got home from work I opened open my freezer to HEAVEN ON EARTH!! Craig found a package out side of the door when he got home, and put it in the freezer for me. Look at what the AWESOME people at Vitalicious sent me. I was in PURE SHOCK!
I didn’t even know they had some of these flavors! I’m BEYOND stocked to try all of these!!!!! Here’s the flavors:
Banana Nut, Fudgy Peanut Butter Chip, Blue Bran, Cran Bran, Raisin Bran, Deep Chocolate, Triple Chocolate Chip, Golden Corn, & Apple Berry!!!!!!!!!
I cannot tell the company, especially Shelley, THANK YOU enough- THEY ROCK!! What an AWESOME surprise to come home to!!! 😀 😀
30 minute elliptical interval workout that I found in the latest Oxygen Magazine (June 2010)
Then I did 10 minutes on the arc trainer.
-elbow to knee crunches on Bosu ball (3 sets of 10 reps)
-regular crunches on Bosu (3 sets of 10 reps)
-ab crunches on ab machine at gym (4 sets of 10 reps- 60lb. weight)
Fire Hydrants (2 sets of 10 reps) & some stretching.
Total time at gym: 46 min.; Calories burned: 337; my heart rate monitor has been messed up today- it’s saying my HR is like 217, when really it’s like 115- so weird. Hopefully tomorrow it’s back on track.
- 1 package (1 1/3 pounds) ground chicken or ground turkey breast
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (I used reduced fat feta)
- 1/2 of a (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (I used fresh spinach)
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (or garlic salt) (I used minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Pepper to taste
- 4 light hamburger buns OR 4 Large Pieces of Iceburg lettuce for Lettuce Wraps! (If using buns, look for light buns around 80 calories each, with around 3-5 grams of fiber) (I used Arnold Sandwich Thins)
*Optional Toppings: Tomato slices, Pickles, Ketchup, Miracle Whip Light, Mustard, Lettuce, Greek Yogurt, Black Olives, Cucumber Slices, Roasted Red Peppers, Red Onion Rings (cut onion into rings and grill along with burgers)
- Preheat grill or broiler. Coat grill or broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Wring the defrosted spinach dry by twisting it in a clean kitchen towel (or paper towel) over your sink.
- In a medium bowl, mix together egg white, ground chicken, oregano, garlic powder, feta, and spinach until well combined; divide mixture into four balls and then press them gently into 4 patties.
- Grill or broil patties until burgers are no longer pink inside (or they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees) about 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- Serve each burger on a bun with choice of toppings!
Katie WAY OUT DID herself with this recipe. Craig & I both LOVED them. He even went back & had a SECOND burger!! YOU SHOULD MAKE THESE ASAP!!!!
YUM YUM!!! This Wednesday night could not get much better!! Presents from Vitalicious & an AWESOME meal! Thanks for the recipe Katie- It’s DEFINITELY going in my ‘keeper’ notebook 😀 & Craig is excited to eat it for his lunch tomorrow!
Now I’m off- gotta go try some of those VitaMuffins..and maybe a VitaBrownie- I have a MORE than willing person next to me who CANNOT wait to give his review of these products as well. More like he can’t wait to DIG INTO these muffins & brownies 😉
Have a GREAT night!!
What’s your favorite Vitalicious product??