Hi Guys 😀
I’m back & in SUCH a better mood. Sorry about yesterday, had to vent a bit. It was just one of those days, ya know?
I got to work this morning & everyone was so sweet about it & I got some GREAT news…well, I mean, not great, but it made me feel a million times better. Everyone that has taken the same test here has taken it at least 3 times..well, except the owner- he got it the first time. But it just made me feel so much better.
And the whole body issue..well, that’s still there…but it’s always been there & probably always will be. Just a bad week for that. I have to ask a question- does anyone else feel MORE bloated the week before ‘girl time’ or is it just me? I always feel like worse the week before, than the week during. I always thought it was strange, but maybe it’s not just me?
On to my workout this morning- it was a CRAZY mix of things…
I started out doing about 10 minutes of Cardio Turbo Kickboxing Jam or something like that. To that effect. It was one of the videos that Lisa sent me in her goody bag 🙂
I tried to keep with it, but the lady teaching was confusing me- lol! She was going like a million miles a minute.
After this I did 10 minutes of sprint intervals @ 9.0 on the treadmill with a jog in between them @ 6.0.
Total time: 50 minutes, Calories burned: 350- 400 (haven’t downloaded yet)
Now, for some more Holly ramblings… 😉
I found this article & instantly thought of this girl- Ms. Lindsay! I know her love of Nip/ Tuck 😀 I LOVED the show too- & watched it when it was on the air. Every Wednesday night I always looked forward to it!!
I found these articles about the best fast food meals & the worst- thought you might find the information interesting 🙂
You might think that choosing a reduced-fat option would save calories, but that’s not always the case.
- Diet-Busting Muffin: Dunkin’ Donuts Reduced-Fat Blueberry Muffin, 450 calories, 10 grams fat.
- Lighter Option to Order: Dunkin’ Donuts Egg and Cheese on an English Muffin, 320 calories, 13 grams fat.
Savings: 130 calories.
- Better Option to Make at Home and Bring Along: Banana-Bran Muffin, 196 calories, 6 grams fat.
Total Savings vs. Diet-Busting Muffin: 254 calories, 4 grams fat.
Granola sounds healthy, but it’s often high in calories and fat.
- Diet-Busting Granola Bar: Cosi’s Break Bar, 359 calories, 18 grams fat.
- Lighter Option to Order: Cosi’s Low-Fat Bran and Raisin Muffin, 130 calories, 2 grams fat.
Savings: 220 calories, 16 grams fat.
- Better Option to Make at Home and Bring Along: Fruit & Pecan Granola Bars, 119 calories, 3 grams fat.
Total Savings vs. Diet-Busting Granola Bar: 240 calories and 15 grams of fat.
Yogurt is a great way to get bone-strengthening calcium, but not all are created equally and when eaten in a parfait it’s easy to consume even more calories thanks to those granola fixings.
- Diet-Busting Yogurt Parfait: Starbucks’ Dark Cherry Yogurt Parfait (about 8 ounces), 310 calories.
- Lighter Option to Order: Starbucks’ Orange Mango Vivanno Smoothie (16 ounces), 260 calories.
Savings: 50 calories.
- Better Option to Make at Home and Bring Along: Breakfast Parfait, 248 calories.
Total Savings vs. Diet-Busting Yogurt Parfait: 62 calories.
Instant oatmeal is awfully convenient, but the flavored varieties typically deliver a lot of added sugars.
- Diet-Busting Oatmeal: Quaker Oatmeal Express, Baked Apple flavor, 200 calories and sugar is the second ingredient on the list.
- Lighter Option to Order: Quaker Organic Instant Oatmeal, Regular flavor, 100 calories and there’s no sugar added.
Savings: 100 calories.
- Better Option to Make at Home: Overnight Oatmeal, 193 calories, 0 grams added sugars.
Total Savings vs. Diet-Busting Oatmeal: Only 7 calories, but there’s no added sugars and you get 9 grams of fiber with the Overnight Oatmeal and only 4 grams with the Quaker Oatmeal Express, Baked Apple flavor.
As much as we wish they did, the words “salad” and “healthy” don’t always go hand-in-hand.
- Diet-Busting Salad: Wendy’s Southwest Taco Salad, 680 calories, 39 grams fat, 1,620 mg sodium.
- Lighter Option to Order: Wendy’s Mandarin Chicken Salad, 570 calories, 25 grams fat, 1,370 mg sodium.
Savings: 110 calories, 14 grams fat, 250 mg sodium.
- Better Option to Make at Home and Bring Along: EatingWell’s Taco Salad, 361 calories, 16 grams fat, 583 mg sodium. Plus you’ll get 10 grams of fiber and vitamins A and C, folate, iron and potassium.
Total Savings vs. Diet-Busting Salad: 319 calories, 23 grams fat, 1,037 mg sodium.
Soup can be a great, low-calorie lunch or a filling addition to a meal. In fact, studies show that soup produces greater feelings of satiety than other types of food. But beware—even smaller servings of soups can pack more calories and fat than you bargain for.
- Diet-Busting Soup: D’Angelo’s Lobster Bisque (small, 1 cup), 360 calories, 29 grams of fat, 820 mg sodium.
- Lighter Option to Order: D’Angelo’s Broccoli & Cheddar Soup (small, 1 cup), 250 calories, 19 grams fat, 840 mg sodium.
Savings: For a little extra sodium (20 mg), you’ll save 110 calories and 10 grams fat.
- Better Option to Make at Home and Bring Along: Crab Bisque with Avocado, Tomato & Corn Relish (1 cup soup, ¼ cup relish), 230 calories, 7 grams fat, 441 mg sodium.
Total Savings vs. Diet-Busting Soup: 130 calories, 22 grams fat, 379 mg sodium.
Who knew a sandwich made with turkey, a lean source of protein, could reach upwards of 1,000 calories and 50 grams of fat?
- Diet-Busting Turkey Sandwich: Panera’s Sierra Turkey Sandwich, 970 calories, 51 grams of fat.
- Lighter Option to Order: Panera’s Smoked TurkeySandwich, 560 calories, 15 grams fat.
Savings: 410 calories, 36 grams fat.
- Better Option to Make at Home and Bring Along: Turkey & Tomato Panini, 272 calories, 4 grams fat.
Total Savings vs. Diet-Busting Turkey Sandwich: 698 calories, 47 grams fat.
Despite being packed with veggies, lean meat and on a whole-wheat tortilla, burritos can offer an exceptionally high number of calories and fat.
- Diet-Busting Burrito: Moe’s Homewrecker, original size with chicken and on a whole-wheat tortilla, 925 calories, 38 grams fat.
- Lighter Option to Order: Moe’s Art Vandalay, original size, 775 calories, 29 grams of fat. Or order the Junior size on a whole-grain tortilla for 283 calories and 7 grams fat.
Savings if you order the Junior: 642 calories, 31 grams fat.
- Better Option to Make at Home and Bring Along: Barbecued Chicken Burritos, 353 calories, 9 grams fat. Plus you’ll get some fiber and iron.
Total Savings vs. Diet-Busting Burrito: 572 calories and 29 grams of fat.
And here’s a bit more information on “Healthy food that aren’t really healthy”
1. Granola– make sure you check the portion size!! usually only 1/4 cup- 1/2 cup & around 210 calories each.
2. Salads– check ALL ingredients before ordering..remember high fat cheese might be thrown in there.
3. Smoothies– be sure to use real fruit, low fat yogurt, & no added sugars.
4. Yogurts– GO FOR THE GREEK YOGURT 😉 Protein!!!
5. Sushi rolls– AVOID the tempura rolls & deep fried stuff. Just because it’s sushi doesn’t make it healthy.
Now that you’ve had your share of healthy food over load, is there anything that you have tried on these lists?
I tried the Wendy’s Mandarin orange chicken salad & it’s really good!!
So I don’t bore you with the same ol’ photos again- I’ll just tell ya that I had my usual lunch today- greek yogurt with strawberries & blueberries, and a bit of cereal sprinkled on top 😀 And some watermelon on the side. Typical, yes. You know me too well. 🙂
Hope all is going well today for you. Any plans for this weekend?
Craig & I are planning to go shopping to get a few things for our trip to WILDWOOD which is in less than 2 weeks!!!! I’m hoping to re-take my test before then, so I don’t have to worry about it over the vacation. *fingers crossed*
I’ll catch ya later with a new recipe!! 😀