Breakfast- something new-
3 egg whites, microwaved 3 minutes, 1 sandwich thin with a bit of peanut butter + a banana
Filled with fruit today! 😀
For tonight’s I tried a new recipe that I found in my Rachael Ray Magazine- Sausage & Broccoli Rabe STOUP (not soup, & not stew- but a mix)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large head broccoli rabe, I just used regular broccoli cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) used Pam cooking spray
- 1 pound bulk hot or sweet Italian sausage Ground Turkey (93% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped (I added)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- One 32-ounce container (4 cups) chicken stock
- One 28-ounce can stewed or diced tomatoes, with their juices
- One 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups small, short-cut orecchiette pasta
- Grated pecorino-romano cheese, for topping
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the broccoli rabe and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- In a soup pot, heat the EVOO spray, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the sausage turkey and cook, crumbling with a spoon, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the onion, celery and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with the nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken stock, tomatoes and their juices and 2 cups water; cover and bring to a boil. Stir in the white beans and cooked broccoli rabe and return to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Top with the cheese.
This was really good, but I did add some hot sauce to it as well- just for a little bang. ‘Kick it up a notch!’ I also think that this would be more enjoying in the fall/ winter since it makes you all nice & warm inside. 🙂
Here’s an interesting article that I found on America’s Portion Distortion. If you have time, you should read it 😀
Now I’m off to continue watching Big Brother!! Annie is the Sabourtour! Crazy. When Craig’s mom was here, we all did a guess on who it was & SHE guessed it right!!! 😀
Have a great night & see ya in the mornin’!!