Hey Hey! Happy Monday!
Is it just me, or did this weekend totally FLY by?? We were on the go all weekend…but the good thing is that we accomplished a LOT!
I have a question for ya- yesterday when I was making dinner, our oven started to display E2 F3 on the part where the temperature/ time is displayed. Then I looked inside & it was as if the broiler had turned itself on & it was no longer baking but broiling. THEN the awful ‘self clean’ smell started to come out of the oven- you know what I’m talking about?? It is that horrible smell that comes out of your oven when you do thae self clean & you’re SUPPOSED to open your windows when you do it, but since it is like a million degrees out right now, we couldn’t 😦 BLAH! Thankfully I checked the oven asap because the Buffalo Meatloaf would have been ruined- the top was cooking away. & thankfully we have a toaster oven that’s pretty big, that I used instead.
Anyways, the oven actually would NOT turn off, even when we pressed the OFF button, Craig had to turn the circuit breaker off!! Crazy, right!? It’s like the oven had a mind of it’s own.
So we tested it again in a few hours & flipped the circuit back on…well, it did it again- just kept cooking. (well, more like self-cleaning)
Craig googled away last night & it seems to either be the temperature sensor, or the control panel. Before doing this though, he said “oh geez, I hope we don’t have to get a new oven.” I just smiled 😀 😀 haha!! I would LOVE a new oven…even though ours in NOT bad at all & it’s a flat top- I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get a gas range!! or just the kind like my Mom has- where you have to use All Clad & it blows water in 60 seconds. Wishful thinking 😉
Just wondering if you have ever had a similar situation? I know it sounds a bit weird, but sometimes I amazed at the things other people have experienced in the blog world that I only thought I had experienced 🙂
Anyways, on to this morning’s workout- I did a HIIT workout along with plyometrics- it’s a PURE cardio day for me 🙂
|Warm Up||0- 5:00||6|
|Cool down||20:45- 25:00||6|
Total miles: 3.0
After these I did 3 rounds of this- starting at 12 reps each, then going to 10 reps each, then 8 reps each. (the mt. climbers were 30sec, 20sec, then 10sec)
Burpees with jump at the end
3 sets of 10 incline situps with 10lb. weight
3 sets of 10 side to side incline situps with 10lb. weight
Total time at gym: 47 minutes, Total Calories: 370 (approx.- will get the rest of the info. when I get home & download my Garmin 🙂 )
I had this cardio day planned for a while..well..since Friday- I knew I needed to get some good cardio in & JUST focus on cardio- no weights today. My chest is actually still sore from my workout Saturday.
I might be doing another kind of cardio this afternoon- depends on what time I get home. Craig has golf today & I need to run a few errands- like go to BJ’s & pick up my Greek yogurt & HUGE jars of peanut butter 😀 (the only things I religiously get there- haha)
What’s your favorite thing to get at BJ’s/ Costco??
I was thinking the other night, I wonder how MOST people sleep?? Don’t ask me why, but it just came to mind while I was falling asleep. Then I just started googling some things & found out there is a TIE between HOW YOU SLEEP & your PERSONALITY!!
I found this article- What does your sleep position reveal about your personality?
- Fetus position – A whopping 41% of participants sleep in this curled-up manner. Women are twice as likely to rest like this and it is listed as the most common position. These sleepers are said to have a tough exterior but are still sensitive and may appear to be shy but warm up quickly.
- Log position – If you sleep on your side with both arms down, you are a social, easy-going person who is trusting, sometimes to the point of being gullible. The study showed 15% of people sleep like a log.
- Yearner position – A close third is the side-lying position with both arms out in front of the body, with 13% of partipants sleeping like this. Yearners are noted to be open-minded and still cynical, suspicious, and stubborn about sticking to decisions once they are made.
- Soldier position – These sleepers lie on their backs with arms down and kept close to the body. This 8% study is said to be reserved, quiet, without fuss, and hold themselves and others to a high standard. Soldier sleepers have a higher likelihood for snoring due to the flat-back position, which may not cause them to wake up often but may result in a less restful night’s sleep.
- Freefall position – Those people who lie on their bellies with arms under or wrapped around a pillow with head turned to the side, make up 7% of the population studied. Freefallers are brash, outgoing, and are very uncomfortable with criticism.
- Starfish position – Sleepers who lie on their backs with arms up near their head or the pillow account for 5% of participants. These people are good listeners, helpful, and are uncomfortable being the center of attention. People who sleep in starfish position are more likely to snore and to suffer from a poor night’s sleep more often.
First, you have to think of what kind of sleeper you are 🙂 I actually ALWAYS sleep on my stomach, I cannot fall asleep any other way. But, unlike the ‘free fall’ position, which is the only one with the person sleeping on their stomach, I sleep with my hands at my side, not by my ears…so I’m not sure what that changes in my personality traits..I can tell ya though, I definitely DON’T think I’m brash!! But I am very outgoing 😀 I would talk to a wall if there was no one else to talk to- no no, I’m totally kidding. But I’m not at all afraid to talk to people.
So, now I ask YOU- what kind of sleeper are you & does the description listed match up with your personality???