The other day I got a nice surprise from one of my favorite ladies- Courtney! 🙂 She tagged me to do this ‘four things’ survery that has been floating around the blog world. I always loved filling these things out on MySpace. <– haha, do you even remember MySpace?! I deleted mine awhile ago & now only use Facebook.
Anyways, here are my answers to the survey 😀
Four TV Shows I Watch:
- Desparte Housewives
- The Office
- Football (does this count!? 🙂 )
- Jersey Shore..ummm, is this ok to admit?! C’mon I know I’m not the ONLY one!
Four Things I’m Passionate About:
- My relationships- with my fiance, my parents & my friends. Really any relationship in my life is really important to me.
- Staying in shape/ fit
- Cooking/ baking/ anything in the kitchen 😀
- The Ravens 😀
Four Words/Phrases I Use Too Much:
- “Amazing.” …even in my comments…I need a new adjective!
- “What time do you want dinner?” ..this is an every night kinda thing 😉
- “Hey Babe, will you get my water?” …another almost nightly thing. I tend to just leave it where ever.
- “I love peanut butter.”
Four Things I’ve Learned From The Past:
- Food is NOT the enemy.
- My parents onlywanted the best for me. As many times that I thought they were wrong, now I look back & thank them for how they raised me. I wasn’t given everything- I had to work for things- of course I was never deprived of anything, but I wasn’t just given whatever I asked for.
- Listen to your heart. Don’t stay with someone just to prove to other people that your relationship is going to work, no matter what. If it’s not right, then get out!
- That whatever your major is in college, you probably will not get a job in that field. Although, you might..and if you loved your major then that is PERFECT 😀 But, from what I hear, and from experience myself- you will find a job in another field, and hopefully you will love what you do. (I majored in Political Science- Pre Law & I now work in finance- I’m so thankful that I love my job.) That’s another thing- try to LOVE your job. You will have work for a while after college.
Four Things I’m Looking Forward To:
- My WEDDING!!!!
- Spending the rest of my life with my best friend. (who is my fiance 🙂 )
- Having kids one day.
- Enjoying my life to the absolute fullest.
Four Things I Love About Winter:
- HOT coffee. Normally I drink iced coffee, but when the cold gets here, it’s all about the hot stuff 😀
- Layering on the blankets. I will seriously layer myself with three big blankets before going to bed….and YES, yes I do live in Florida 😀
- Pumpkin stuff. Love it.
- Soups/ stews/ stoups- all of those!
Can’t wait to see what you ladies say 😀 Hope you enjoy!
Some of the items from our registry that we had shipped down from my surprise bridal shower arrived!!! 😀 It was like Christmas morning! I felt like a little kid. I couldn’t believe my eyes.
THANKS SO MUCH JESS!!!! 😀 Can’t wait to dig into the chocolate covered pretzels tonight!
Not to play favorites…but I’m TOTALLY going to- my BELOVED Kitchen Aid came today as well!!!
it might be hard to tell, but the color is pistachio! i love it. it’s like a mint green! huge huge thanks to my soon to be sister in law, steph, and brother in law, mike 😀
CANNOT wait to try out some recipes using my new Kitchen Aid THIS weekend!! ahhhh! 😀
Everytime I walk by it, I just smile. I am SO happy that I own one. I feel like such a nerd after saying that, but it’s ok, I don’t mind being called a nerd 😉
To top the night off, we enjoyed a DELICIOUS meal! OF COURSE you probably already know where I went to get the recipe- Jess’ blog…duh! 😉 Tonight we dined on Buffalo Chicken Burgers. As I’ve said before, anything buffalo is right up my alley- love the flavor. But the weird thing is that I HATE chicken wings. Odd, huh?
I copied the recipe from her blog & posted it below.
Buffalo Chicken Burgers
makes 4-6 burgers (i made 5 burgers out of this recipe)
1 lb ground chicken breast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon italian seasoning
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (oops- forgot to add this!)
bacon ranch dressing + buffalo wing sauce for topping (just used regular ranch- since I don’t eat bacon…I know that would kill Jess to know that :D)
Preheat grill or skillet. (I preheated the oven to 450 degrees)
Grill or pan-fry patties until brown on both sides and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. (I baked them at 450 degrees for about 17 minutes). In the last 2 minutes, place 1/2 ounce of cheddar cheese on each burger. (forgot the cheese) Place burgers on whole wheat buns and top with a drizzle of bacon ranch (I used Kraft) and buffalo wing dressing.
What a GREAT night!!!!
So happy it’s FRIDAY today 😀 Woohoo! This weekend will be spent unwinding from our vacation, taking down Christmas decorations, finishing un packing & doing a MAJOR cleaning of the house. Oh and let’s not forgot- LOTS of baking 😀
I’m actually kind of excited….I think it’s due to all of the new kitchen items 😀
**don’t forget- tomorrow at noon I will announce the winner of my giveaway! i picked up some more goodies yesterday!**