Let me tell you….Liz has GOT IT GOING ON!! :D This recipe is THE B.O.M.B!! Not only do these taste AMAZING, but they are SO easy to make & you can whip them up in about 30 minutes! ….AND you probably have all of these ingredients on hand right now!
Here’s her recipe, copied DIRECTLY from her blog! (the only thing I did different was use half crunchy peanut butter & half creamy peanut butter..just for an extra crunch :) )
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
From Martha Stewart Living
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tbsp confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed
- 5 ounces melted milk chocolate
- Stir together peanut butter, confectioners sugar, unsalted butter, the crushed pretzels.
- Roll into 1″ balls. Freeze for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Melt chocolate over low heat. Dip balls into melted milk chocolate, and refrigerate until set.
Now that I have you drooling all over your computer, I figure I’ll share another recipe to help satisfy your sweet tooth ;)
As you know, we are planning to spend time with my parents this weekend. I love visiting with them & it feels like forever since I have seen them! The last time we were all together was at Thanksgiving, which was 2 months ago…way too long. When I visit my parents I like to bring up a surprise to them…which of course means some kind of baked good :)
Whenever I saw this recipe, I IMMEDIATELY thought of my Dad. You see, he LOVES heath bar. I think it has to be one of his top favorite candies….dark chocolate being his absolute #1 favorite. Here’s a funny story, my Dad likes to eat frozen yogurt every night before bed. (this is wear I got it….but now with the lactose intolerance I can’t :( ) He found this Heath Bar frozen yogurt & he ate this for I wanna guess 10, yes TEN, straight years!!!! He NEVER changed flavors, and the freezer was stocked up with at LEAST 4 containers…Lord knows, we do NOT want to run out of this stuff..I think my Dad would of gone into ice cream withdrawal immediately.
Needless to say, Heath Bar Crunch Cookie Bars seemed to be calling my Dad’s name! :)
I found the recipe on Courtney’s blog & followed her instructions exactly. (But I did have to bake them for about 30 minutes because they were literally raw dough in the middle, but I think it’s due to using a different size pan- I used a 9x 13 inch pan)
Heath Bar Crunch Cookie Bars
(Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a 10x15x1 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray (a 9×13 pan will work as well). Spread cookie dough evenly in the pan.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes. They will still be soft in the center. Remove from oven, and let pan cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into desired amount of bars. ENJOY!
Can’t wait to see what my Dad thinks! I think they are perfect! Even though I know it’s a lot of butter in the recipe, I really think that’s what makes them oooooo so tasty!! Sometimes you just have to make things exactly according to the recipe, no trying to ‘healthify’ these goodies- they are just too good the way they are!
I’m pretty sure these will be requested in the future ;)
Hope you’re having a great weekend!! Tell me, what’s your favorite candy bar?? I would have to say, even though they are not technically ‘bars’, Reese Peanut butter cups are mine!