Wow- these 30 day challenge topics are pretty TOUGH & near & dear to the heart! I guess I should of read through all of them before deciding to take on the challenge. But hey, I welcome it 🙂 I don’t mind sharing my opinions & stories, I also love all of the comments from everyone!
Day 5: A Time When You Thought About Ending Your Own Life.
I can honestly say this has really never crossed my mind. Of course we all have good days, bad days, fantastic days & absolutely AWFUL days, but I don’t think it would EVER be worth it to end my life over an awful day.
In my opinion suicide hurts the people that you leave behind the MOST. I actually find it really selfish. I think there are so many other options & ways to get help, rather than ending your life. I know people that have had to deal with a suicide in their family & it just tears everyone apart. It’s so sad. 😦
I’ve been through a really dark, low point in my life, but never considered ending my own life. People were scared that I might die, but I never thought to kill myself. THANKFULLY I made it through with the help & love of so many people.
Anyways, on to something lighter….a delicious, quick dinner recipe! Last night I had intentions of making something different for dinner, but then I had a million errands that I had to run after work, including picking up my ring! They did fix it & it fits PERFECTLY. I hated being without it…my finger felt so bare.
After all of my errands, I needed something quick for dinner. We were both pretty hungry! Thankfully I knew the perfect recipe, Jessica’s Broccoli Chicken Divine Casserole. Not only did it only take like 10 minutes to fix before popping it into the oven, all of the ingredients I already had on hand! Perfect 🙂
I have copied the recipe directly from her blog, you will see my changes noted below.
Broccoli Chicken Divine Casserole
-1 pound of broccoli (I used a 12 oz. frozen bag of broccoli)
-1 pound of boneless chicken breast
-1 tsp garlic
-1/4 Cup Milk (I used Almond Milk)
-1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup (I used the 98% fat free soup)
-1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I used 2% cheese)
-1/8 Cup French Fried Onion Strips
Let’s Get Cooking:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Steam Broccoli until tender. Set aside. (I used microwaved it, since it was one of those steamer bags)
3. Cut up chicken into one inch cubes and sautee in pan with garlic until cooked through.
4. In a 9 inch greased pie dish, place broccoli and then top with chicken.
5. Mix milk and soup together in a bowl.
6. Pour over broccoli and chicken. Mix together.
7. Sprinkle on cheese and top with Onion Strips.
8. Bake for 20-25 Minutes or until Cheese is Bubbly!
This was so easy to put together & so tasty! Jessica recommended adding egg noodles to the casserole to make it a more complete meal, but I didn’t have any on hand, so I just made some toast with some Italian seasoning on top.
Love those quick, easy week night meals! Thanks for sharing Jessica 🙂
Ok, now one more thing before I go- I was listening to the radio, my favorite station- 106.7
, on the way to work the other day & they happened to be discussing ‘when couples cross over the comfortable line with one another.’ It was HILARIOUS listening to all of the people that were calling in! Defintely a good laugh before work.
Now I have some questions to ask those of you that have a significant other.
1. Do you leave the bathroom door open when you go to the bathroom? (this was a common one that had a TON of funny responses)
2. What is the GROSSEST thing that your significant other does? / a gross habit of theirs?
3. What is something that you would NEVER do in front of your significant other?
4. What would you consider something that is ‘crossing the line’ in the world of couples?
I can’t wait to see what you guys say 🙂 This was such a funny conversation on the radio.