Boy do I have a sweet dinner for you! 🙂 I was trying to figure out all of my meals this weekend, & I happened to remember one that I saw last week. I get an email once a week from Rachael Ray’s website with a few different recipes of the week. This recipe was the ‘featured’ recipe of the week. As soon as I read it I immediately thought it sounded good. It’s kind of a mixture of savory & sweet.
Sloppy Maple – BBQ Turkey Joes
(adapted from this recipe)
1. In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, heat over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and season with the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook until browned, then stir in the bell pepper, onion and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender, 5-6 minutes.
2. In a bowl, stir together the tomato sauce, maple syrup, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard. Pour the sauce over the meat and simmer over medium-low heat for a few minutes to combine the flavors.
I served the sloppy joes with my two favorite sides:
Kraft mac & cheese (which is my ALL time favorite!) & green beans with LOTS of mushrooms!
Macaroni & cheese is my favorite food…well, ok, that & cereal. But I will ONLY eat Kraft macaroni & cheese, I do NOT like homemade macaroni & cheese. How weird is that?! I actually LUUURRVE that fake bright orange cheese 😀 I will not even touch homemade mac & cheese, I just turn my nose up. What a mac & cheese snob I am 😉
Another thing I love is mushrooms. Typically I do not add mushrooms to green beans, but I had half of a can leftover from my egg whites that I made for breakfast on Sunday. It was more like ‘would you like some egg whites with your mushrooms?!’..that’s how much I love them. I also tend to just eat mushrooms right out of the can..but that grosses people out- one of those people being Craig. So, instead he gets to suffer through them in the green beans. See, I believe in compromise 😉
Can you believe that I used to HATE sloppy joes when I was little?? Yes, I hated them! I don’t know why. They are such a PERFECT ‘kid food’- you can get all messy while you eat! Maybe that’s why I like them now 😉 I can be the messiest eater that I wish to be whenever sloppy joes are served. Thank goodness it’s just Craig & I at the table. 😉
I haven’t posted a workout on my main page in a while, typically I just list them in the ‘Daily workouts’ tab. I have been picking up my mileage lately, but not too quickly because I don’t want any injuries! I actually now do two workouts in a day- one in the morning & one on my lunch break. The morning workout is both weights & running, but the afternoon workout is typically a faster run. Sometimes I switch the afternoon workout up & will do the elliptical as well…just depends on my mood. I have to tell ya, my appetite has been growing significantly too! It’s pretty crazy how much hungrier I get now. I definitely listen to my body- when it wants food, it gets food 🙂 I’ve learned it’s SO important to fuel your body with lots of nutritious food.
Anyways, here is a workout that I did on Saturday that I really liked & totally felt it the next day! I have had a few requests for some workout ideas, so here’s one for ya 🙂
This workout took me a little over an hour to complete at the gym.
Up & down interval workout. (I like running workouts that change every minute- makes time FLY!)
Full body weight workout- I have listed how much weight I used, but adjust the weights according to your needs.
I completed this circuit THREE times, I did 12 reps for each exercise.
1. Walking lunges with leg lifts (15 lb. each hand)
2. Calf raises (on machine)- 55lb.
3. Barbell bench press- 45lb.
4. One arm dumbell row- 25lb.
5. Reverse flyes- 7.5lb. each
6. Regular flyes- 10lb. each
7. Cable tricep pushdown- 50lb.
8. Alternating Bicep DB curls- 15lb. each
9. Iron Cross exercise- 5lb. each
10. Hanging abs- lifting to the left- right-then center
11. Reverse incline situps – raise legs in air
12. Incline sit ups – 10lb. medicine ball
13. Side to side incline sit ups – 10 lb. medicine ball
Let me know if you try the workout! Also, let me know if you would like me to list more of my workouts for you. 🙂 Sometimes I’m not sure what I should post or not.
Hope you have a good day!!! 😀