I hope your week is off to a good start. Yesterday went by pretty quick for me…I was slammed with work towards the end of the day. You know how it always seems like everyone needs something from you RIGHT before it’s time to leave?! I actually didn’t mind at all…because, like I said, my day flew by!
Now, for some FOOD! (& recipes..of course 🙂 )
We do not do the traditional Easter of having ham & all of the fixings…we have an Italian Easter 🙂 It’s one of my favorite meals EVER, so I look forward to it all year. It’s one of those meals that I feel weird making if it’s not Easter..ya know what I mean??
I figure I would share the recipe with you, since I know most of you are like Lazy Lasagna..WHAT?! Haha! It is a family recipe…so this is one out of our family recipe vault..consider yourselves very special 😉
-1 package broad egg noodles (we use the ‘No Yolks’ brand– It’s not any ‘healthier’ for you or anything like that, it’s just the particular brand that we have always used..but you can also just use whatever your store carries)
-1 cup ricotta cheese
-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
-2 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
-1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey (OPTIONAL)
-1 small can mushrooms (also OPTIONAL)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cook noodles to ‘al dente.’ Drain & toss with all of the cheeses.
3. If using beef or turkey, brown the meat & then drain. Mix with sauce, and if using, mushrooms.
4. In a 2 quart oblong baking dish, spoon enough sauce to cover bottom. Layer half of the noodle mixture and half sauce; repeat layers.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
See why it’s called LAZY lasagna?! It is SOOOO easy to just throw together…and it’s soooo good!
With the lasagna I made a big salad & some garlic bread. Before dinner, I also had a bunch of appetizers set up. Sorry, not a lot of food pictures..I was too busy playing with Ethan 😉
DOUBLE Peanut Butter Fudge Pie!!
I had a sliver of this pie, & it was SO good..very rich..but OH SO GOOD! I could not have much, because it is full of cream cheese, but I wanted to at least have a bite. Everyone kept saying that the crust tasted like a rice krispie treat!
Double Peanut Butter Fudge Pie
-1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
-1/2 cup light corn syrup
-2 cups Crisp Rice cereal (I actually forgot this at the grocery store, so instead I used Special K & just put it in the food processor until it looked like Rice Krispie cereal)
-1/2 cup Hot fudge topping
-1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
-1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
-3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
-2 tbsp. lemon juice
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 & 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip), thawed
-3 tbsp. hot fudge topping
1. Coat a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
2. Stir together peanut butter and corn syrup. Add the rice cereal. Mix until evenly coated.
3. Press onto the bottom and sides of the prepared pie plate.
4. Spread 1/2 cup hot fudge topping in the bottom of the crust. Chill 30 minutes. ( I just put it in the freezer)
1. Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy. (I used my mixer to do this)
2. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk & peanut butter until smooth. Stir in lemon juice & vanilla.
3. Fold in whipped topping.
4. Pour into prepared crust, spreading evenly.
5. Place 3 tbsp. hot fudge topping into the corner of a resealable plastic bag. Knead. Cut small corner off of the plastic bag. Drizzle over the top of the pie. Freeze for 4 hours, or until firm. (I let it freeze over night)
I got it at Forever 21 when I was out shopping with my Mom on Saturday. I have been really into accessories a lot lately too. I feel like they can make an outfit! And, you can get more use out of different clothes if you dress them up with accessories. I love how this teal / turquoise color is in style right now. It’s so bright & summer-ish!
What is your favorite accessory?
(Like necklace, ring, earrings or bracelet) Ever since I got engaged, I only wear my engagement ring, no other rings, but I love any other kind of accessories- like earrings or necklaces. I just got back into wearing bracelets more often, I think they can really add ‘pop’ to an outfit as well 🙂
Well, it’s another day, another dollar…so I better get a movin’ 😉 I have a nice stack of work staring at me.
Have a WONDERFUL day!