Happy Tuesday- you made it past Monday! That’s an accomplishment, right?! 😉
I can’t tell you how many times that I have heard that cooking a fancy meal is too hard. I have a few friends that absolutely HATE to cook, or say that they cannot cook…well, I have the recipe to prove them wrong 😉 I have one of my favorite go-to quick, easy meals…but it’s also kind of a ‘fancy’ meal.
This meal is also a favorite by many people too, so it’s win-win! 😀 This meal is Chicken Parmesan. Instead of the traditional red sauce, I decided to try it with white sauce. Normally I’m not much of a fan of bottled sauce, but my favorite white sauce that I have found is Ragu’s Light Parmesan. It’s one of those products that I always keep on hand in the kitchen.
To make this meal you only need five ingredients:
-about 1 lb. chicken breasts, sliced very thin
-1 jar Ragu light parmesan
-about 1 cup bread crumbs (any kind will do- seasoned or plain)
-2 egg whites
-1/4 cup- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Here’s the EASY preparation:
**Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Prepare the chicken- season each side with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on a plate, beat the egg whites in a bowl, and pour the bread crumbs in a bowl.
2. Dip the chicken in the egg whites, then each side in the bread crumbs.
3. Once the chicken breasts are all coated in bread crumbs, preheat a skillet over medium high heat. To the skillet, add about a tablespoon of olive oil (just to make the chicken crispy.) Once the skillet is heated, add the chicken breasts to the pan. (you will probably have to do the chicken breasts in two sets) Cook for about 4 minutes, then flip to the other side- cook until each side is golden brown.
4. Once you are done cooking the chicken, add a little bit of the cheese sauce to the bottom of a baking dish- just enough to coat the bottom. (a little bigger than an 8×8 dish) Add the chicken breasts to the top of the cheese sauce, and then pour about a 1/2 cup- 3/4 cup of the cheese sauce over the top of the chicken breast. (reserve the rest of the sauce to serve along side of the chicken.)
5. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top of the chicken. Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes in your preheated oven.
Easy peasy, right?! Seriously, it is hard to mess this up- so if you are nervous about cooking, or think you ‘can’t cook,’ then try this recipe!
I really love this meal too- it’s a great Sunday meal..or really any night of the week, since it IS so easy! You could also serve this without the pasta, and just keep the veggies with it. It is good that way too- that’s how I liked to eat it for lunch. If I eat pasta for lunch I get SO sleep, and I’m pretty much useless for the rest of the day. I don’t think my boss likes that idea too much 😉
Anyways, I’m looking for some ideas of things that YOU would like to see on this blog. Any topic or question that you would like me to talk about or answer, please just let me know! As you know, I’m very open & honest on here…so I won’t hold things back. Honestly I just want you, as a reader to know that you can ask me anything! (Of course we all know that there is a LINE as to what I will post..but I haven’t gotten any off of the wall requests yet 😉 )
I hope you have a good day 🙂
Did anyone watch the season premiere of The Real Housewives of New Jersey?? I have it on DVR, so don’t tell me too much about it 😉 But, you have to tell me if you liked it or not!! 🙂
Oh, and one more request- I need some BOOK SUGGESTIONS! I would like some books to bring along with me on our honeymoon- I need some reading material for laying on the beach. 🙂 So far I have Something Blue (the sequel to Something Borrowed), Water for Elephants & The Hunger Games. Any book that you are reading, or have recently that you really enjoyed??
Catch ya later, alligators 😀