Good Morning– we’ve made it half way through the week- WOOHOO😀
Much to my relief, work was actually kind of nice going back to. I really am truly blessed to have such a great job, and my co-workers MAKE my job- I just love ’em. It was nice catching up with everyone & finding out what they thought about the wedding, since most of them attended. (we have a small office)
Today I thought I would share with you the pre-wedding stuff- like hair & make up/ getting ready for the BIG day! :D I’ll save the ceremony & rehearsal re-cap for another day….those will be long ones!
Friday, wedding day morning, started out with a nice run with my Dad. I actually was able to get a little bit of sleep on Thursday night, I wasn’t sure if I would be able to due to pre-wedding excitement. I had asked my Dad before they came down to Orlando if he would like to go for a run on Friday morning, just to get in some father-daughter time before the wedding. After our run, we went to have some coffee & breakfast together. I have to say, that was one of my favorite moments of the day. It was nice to just spend some time with my Dad & talk about the day & just life in general….of course it was nice being able to spend time doing one of our shared hobbies- running.
After I took a shower, my hair & make- up girls showed up to start getting everyone ready. I had my hair stylist, Kayla, that I use for my regular hair cuts do our hair, and then for make up I used a girl that works with Kayla- her name is Stephanie. Kayla & Stephanie were awesome & willing to work with all of my girls to get the hair/ make up that they had in mind.
Steph getting her make up done
That would be me, attractive, right?!😉 Oh, and I DO in fact have clothes on! My sister was laughing when she saw this because she said it looks like I’m naked under there. (I had a strapless dress on)
Close up of my hair- it was in a side bun, just like I had it for my hair trial— I LOVED it!!
I look like I’m in some kind of weird daze…but this is when I was getting my lips done. Mind you, I NEVER use lipstick- just chap stick & if I’m feeling a little frisky I might even just throw on some lip gloss (or lipglass- how you ever heard of that?? It’s by MAC & I LOVE it!) but I had no idea what color to go with. She put some kind of earth toned on the bottom, then topped it off with a rose-ish kind of color. I really liked the shade that she picked out, and she was nice enough to give me the two colors…so I’m going to have to try to experiment with them
While we were getting ready we enjoyed some Cham Chams. I’m not a big fan of mimosas, probably because I don’t really like Orange Juice (too much acid) & when I first tried these in Maryland over Christmas, I KNEW exactly what I wanted to have on my wedding day morning..Cham Chams, of course😉 It’s just champagne & chambord- about 6oz of champagne & then 1/2 shot of chambord. (That’s just approximates- we didn’t measure them- just went by how they tasted…best way to tell, right?! ;) ) BAD picture, from the blackberry, but I wanted to show you!
(oh, that’s Craig’s groom gift in the background)
It was a fun morning, I loved that we were all able to hang out together & just talk about life & enjoy our time together. I sure wish that we all lived closer together. I think that is one of the very best parts of a wedding- just getting all of your family & friends together & spending as much time as you can with them! I think that might just be the very best part …and of course marrying the man of your dreams!!😀
I can’t even begin to tell you how much I ADORE my dress. I seriously could NOT wait to put it on. I wanted to put it on as soon as I got up that day, but knowing me I definitely would of spilled something on it😉 I loved the added sash for a ‘pop’ of color…and of course, I had to have purple somewhere on me😀
Here’s some tips when it comes to getting your hair & make up done for your wedding:
1. Get your bridesmaids to send pictures to you of what they want with their hair & make up. Be sure to BRING these with you where ever you are getting your hair & make up done. This will help the stylists so much! Even if you have already told them what they want done, it will just make the stylists jobs easier…& of course less stress on that big day is a good thing😉
2. Sit down & enjoy seeing everyone getting ready! This is a time that you are supposed to be PAMPERED! Anything that you might need or want will be taken care of. Do not be crazy like me & think you can do it all. It’s OK to ask for help.
3. Do NOT stress if one (or a few) of your bridesmaids does not like her hair. This is NOT your problem. YOU need to relax. Just try to leave the area if she is complaining about it, otherwise it will just stress you out even more.
4. Tell your make up artist exactly what you want. BE PRECISE. She may think ‘natural’ means something totally different than what you think of as ‘natural.’ That’s why I suggest pictures.
5. Be ready to pull about 375869060 bobby pins out of your hair when your wedding is over😉
Any hair or make up tips that you have that may help someone getting ready for their wedding?
Well, I’m off! I have a feeling it’s going to be a GOOD day😀