Good Morning! 😀
Hope you guys will stick with me, I’ve just been in kind of a ‘blogging funk.’ I think all bloggers go through it. I just sometimes find that I have nothing to say, and I had to just write a post to write a post. I don’t want to be redundant, and I kind of would like my blog to be unique. I know that I fall into the ‘healthy living blog,’ and that’s great, but I also want to make sure that my blog has it’s own kind of flair too. 😉 Hopefully that makes sense!
So last night I had a very important meeting after work. Guess what it was for?!
Ahhhh! I’m so excited! I think that I am going to do the Las Vegas marathon for Crohn’s & Colitis. I am hoping to run with Team Challenge, as they are the group that works directly with the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America.
As you know, Crohn’s disease has a HUGE impact in my life. Living with the disease definitely changes your life. It makes everyday tasks seem so daunting sometimes. I try to make a joke out of living with it now, only because that’s all that you can do. Like for example, I could tell you the location of nearly every restroom in Orlando. Seriously! 🙂 That is the very FIRST thing that I scoop out whenever I go to a new restaurant/ shop/ mall, etc. Gotta be prepared, ya know?!
Another thing is that watching tv or a movie with me is a disaster. Thank goodness for the ‘pause’ button- HA! It’s always a guessing game with this stomach of mine. You never know what it’s going to decide to do. 🙂
The other good thing about livin with the disease is that Craig (my husband) is SUPER understanding about everything. I’m SO lucky to have that in my life. Some days are really rough, and I can get really depressed because of the disease, but he is there right by my side to pick me up. He ALWAYS reminds me to think positive, no matter how bad the situation might be. I love him for that. (& so many other things too 🙂 )
So, here’s my debate for the race:
1. I’m definitely in a ‘flair up’ with my Crohn’s disease right now, and I NEVER know what it’s going to do. (see above 🙂 ) I have been feeling a bit better lately *knock on wood*, but the situation could change tomorrow. It’s that quick. My worry is that I will be fine until I get to Vegas, and then the day of the race my Crohn’s will be a mess.
2. I have been running more, because I’ve been feeling better, but for a while my running had to go on the back burner. Not that I don’t love it, I do…but I literally could NOT run. (too much moving of the belly, if ya know what I mean!) So I’m hoping that I can keep up with the training. There is a LOT of training involved for a marathon, as I’m sure you know. The GOOD news is that I could run the half marathon instead of the full. That’s always an option!
3. I need to raise quite a bit of money for the fundraising part of it. That’s not a huge worry because I really think I can do it. This foundation means SO much to me, and I think that people can see that in me.
There are a few other factors, but I don’t want to bore you too much. As you can see, there is a huge debate in my mind as to what do- either to go ahead & sign up for it….or to wait until I know I’m 100%…which may never be. Told ya, it’s a guessing game with this disease.
Oh, and on a side note- has anyone ever run this race??? I have to tell ya, I would be SUPER stoked to run the Vegas strip at night!!! It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity. They only close the strip down twice a year- for New Years Eve & for this race. So cool!! 😀
Since I didn’t get out of the meeting until about 7pm, I decided to grab something for dinner on my drive home…only because once I got home it would be at least another hour until dinner. That wouldn’t work too well because I was HUNGRY, and I would of probably snacked my way around the kitchen while cooking rather than waiting until the food was ready.
Might not be the healthiest part, but they sure are tasty. We both enjoyed our salads & Craig even commented on how FULL he was from the salad. He didn’t think it would fill him up, but these salads are HUGE- I couldn’t even finish mine.
CORNBREAD! It’s a MUST 😀 I have to have cornbread at least once a week…and this cornbread is more like dessert rather than a side. I actually ate it for my dessert last night. Yum!
Guess I’m off for the day. Time to get ready to start this Wednesday– mid week– YAY! 😀
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Questions for you:
1. Do you have a favorite race?
2. What do you think you would do in my situation- with the whole Vegas race?
3. Do you have a favorite salad place? or a favorite salad?